Last updated: 22 Jul 2022 | 1970 Views |
Anisi Stellati Fructus (八角茴香) is the dried ripe fruit of Illicium verum Hook. f., family Magnoliaceae.
Chan-Paet-Klip, Poi-Kak (Thai name), Bajiaohuixiang (Chinese name), Chinese Star Anise
Aggregate fruit, composed of 8 follices radiated from the central axis. Follicles outer surface reddish-brown, irregularly wrinkled, summit beaked,upper part mostly dehiscent; inner surface pale brown, smooth and lustrous. Texture hard and fragile. Each follicle containing a flattened-ovoid seed, reddish-brown or yellowish-brown, lustrous; endosperm white, oily. Odor, aromatic; taste, pungent and sweet.
Important cultivation area
Guangxi and Yunnan provinces.
1. Bajiaohuixiang : Eliminate foreign matters, and then sift out fragments.
2. Yanbajiaohuixiang : Mix Bajiaohuixiang with brine (use 2 kg of salt for 100 kg of Bajiaohuixiang), stir-fry on a gentle fire until dry, allow to cool.
Traditional Chinese Medicine action
Pungent; warm. Enter liver, kidney, spleen and stomach channels.
1. Bajiaohuixiang : Warm yang, dissipate cold, regulate qi and
2. Yanbajiaohuixiang : Direct the action to ascent downwards. Warm kidney and liver yang, regulate qi and relieve pain.
Usage and dosage
3-6 g, decoction for oral use, or appropriate amount for external use. Crush before use.
* Contraindication and precaution *
Copy right of Huachiew Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic.
For public knowledge.
Commercially copy without permission is prohibited.