最終更新: 11 Aug 2021 | 1282 ビューアー |
Imperatae Rhizoma (白茅根) is the dried rhizome of Imperata cylindrica Beauv. var. major (Nees) C.E. Hubb., family Poaceae (Graminae).
Ya-Kha (Thai name), Baimaogen (Chinese name), Lalang Grass Rhizome
Long cylindrical, external yellowish-white or pale yellow, slightly
lustrous, longitudinally wrinkled, nodule distinct. Texture light, fragile, fracture white with numerous cracks arranged radially, stele pale yellow, easily stripped from cortex. Odor, slight; taste, slightly sweet.
Important cultivation area
Wide spread cultivated in China.
1. Baimaogen : Eliminate foreign matters, wash clean, soak until thoroughly soften, cut into sections and dry.
2. Maogentan : Stir-bake Baimaogen on a medium fire until external turns scorched brown, internal turns scorched yellow, allow to cool.
Traditional Chinese Medicine action
Sweet; cool. Enter lung, stomach and urinary bladder channels.
1. Baimaogen ：Cool the blood to stanch bleeding, diuresis and clear heat, promote jin to stop cough.
2. Maogentan : Astringent, reduce cool. Use for hemorrhagic diseases such as hematemesis , epistaxis.
Thai Traditional Medicine action
Sweet, cool. Used for diuresis, thirsty and internal heat, cystitis, kidney nourishment, jaundice, anorexia.
Usage and dosage
9-30 g, decoction for oral use.
* Contraindication and precaution *
Contraindicated in patient with cold-deficiency of spleen and stomach, more urinate without thirsty. Should not use in patient withhematemesis due to cold-deficiency.
Copy right of Huachiew Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic.
For public knowledge.
Commercially copy without permission is prohibited.