最終更新: 2021-10-11 | 1180 ビューアー |
Tsaoko Fructus (草果) is the dried ripe fruit of Amomum tsao–ko Crevost et Lemaire, family Zingiberaceae.
Caoguo, Caoguo (Chinese name)
Long ellipsoid, 3-obtuse-ridged, with longitudinal furrows and ribs, fruit stalk or its scar at the base. The central part showing septa dividing the masses of seeds into 3 groups. Seeds covered with greyish-white membranous aril. Odor, characteristic aromatic; taste, pungent and slightly bitter.
Important cultivation area
Yunnan, Guangxi, Guizhou provinces.
1. Caoguoren: Stir-bake Caoguo on a gentle fire until external turn burnt-yellow and slightly inflated, then remove the husk to collect the seeds.
2. Jiangcaoguoren: Stir-fry Caoguoren with Ginger water on a gentle fire (use 10 kg of fresh Ginger for 100 kg of Caoguoren), until dry.
Traditional Chinese Medicine action
Pungent; warm. Enter spleen and stomach channels.
1. Caoguoren: Pungent; hot, dry dampness, dissipate cold and warm Zhongjiao, dispel phlegm and malaria.
2. Jiangcaoguoren: Stir-fry with Ginger water reduce dry dampness activity, and more potent in warming stomach and stop vomiting.
Thai Traditional Medicine action
Usage and dosage
3-6 g, decoction for oral use. Crush before use.
* Contraindication and precaution *
Contraindicated in patient with yin and blood deficiency.
Copy right of Huachiew Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic.
For public knowledge.
Commercially copy without permission is prohibited.